Do you have talents, skills, experience, interests or hobbies you would like to share or improve through volunteering? In return, you will:
- Help others within your community,
- Expand your social circle,
- Fill your day carrying out a rewarding role,
- Meet new people,
- Be part of a team,
- Learn new skills,
- Gain valuable work experience to enhance your CV,
- And most of all, you will have fun!
You decide how many hours you would like to volunteer.
All training will be provided and most roles are based within The Gate Centre.
Make a Donation
We could not operate our services without the help of our generous community. All food distributed via our Foodbank is donated and we constantly rely upon donations of food stock. Donating items of food is a simple process. We have permanent trollies in all the supermarkets in Alloa, food donations can be dropped off at The Gate Centre, Monday to Friday between 10am – 3pm and we are always happy to provide a tour and talk to local groups visiting with donations.
We also fully appreciate used clothing, footwear, small household items and toiletries which we distribute via our Soup Pot and Home Starter Pack projects to vulnerable people living within Clackmannanshire.
Cash donations are always a necessity. For example, a monthly Standing Order helps us to plan ahead.
- £5 a month provides fresh items for a family who need a food parcel
- £5 a month provides a family with a meal who visit our Soup Pot
- £5 a month helps us to operate smaller ad hoc projects to help overcome social isolation within the community
- And, £5 a month really helps to keep our heating and lights on throughout the week!
All types of donations are greatly appreciated as every item and every penny is used to support the local community’s needs. The Gate Centre is open Monday to Friday 10am – 3pm for enquires and collections.
PLEASE NOTE: Cheques must be payable to The Gate Charity. We cannot accept cheques payable to The Gate Foodbank or The Gate Soup Pot. However, please be assured, we will allocate funding strictly to whatever project the donator requests us to do so.