Charity Shop Assistant
Hours: 18 per week
£11.10 Per hour
Responsible to: Shop Manager
The Gate trading purpose:
To make as much money as possible to help overcome poverty and suffering in Clackmannanshire. Our Charity shop has been open for business since 2021, raising vital funds and increasing public awareness of what we do for the community.
We are currently recruiting a Shop Assistant to work 2.5 days per week, to assist the Manager and other staff, in providing a high quality of retail service.
Working every second Saturday
To run the shop in the Managers absence, undertaking all appropriate duties to ensure continued operation of the shop.
Provide effective leadership to the volunteers, managing and supporting as appropriate to ensure they operate as an effective and motivated team.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience Required
· Minimum of one years’ experience in the retail sector
· Experience of providing customer service
Duties and Responsibilities of the Post:
• To work with the Shop Manager and adhere to stock control, pricing, and rotation procedures, displaying goods in the shop, and maintaining high overall standards of display.
• Maintain a high standard of display, both externally and internally.
• Achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation, and cleanliness throughout the shop premises.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to donors and customers.
• Maintain awareness of competitor activity in the local area
• Assist the Shop Manager to ensure the shop is a safe environment that protects all staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Actively encourage donations into the shop.
• Understand and comply with the requirements of Trading Standards Regulations.
• Hold shop keys, opening & closing the premises for trading hours
• Report any maintenance or H&S issues in the shop to the Shop Manager.
• Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by Shop Manager.
• To support the manager in merchandising creatively to ensure maximum sales and profit are achieved
• Ensure that customer service is professional and supports the ethos of the Gate Charity.
• Support and advertise The Gate events, campaigns, projects, and awareness issues.
• Build relationships with customers and the community.
• Promote the role of the charity in the community.
• To assist the Shop Manager by providing advice & guidance to the volunteers, to develop an efficient & effective team
• Support and help train volunteers.
Completed application forms to be submitted by 5pm on the 10th of November. Via email to email@example.com or posted to ‘The Attention of Jilly Guild’, The Gate Charity, 2 Ludgate, Alloa, FK10 2DR.